Sunday 26 May 2013

私は生きたい


Seriously, when I watch films like Memoirs of a Geisha or even just anime such as The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and Summer Wars it just makes me want to live in a traditional Japanese Minka house. The ones with sliding paper doors and matted'n'wooden floors. I want all of the beautiful décor, mixed with more contemporary items like you see in the Summer War's house and all'a that vegetation in The Girl Who Leapt Through Time house. I want my house to be swamped by all the flora; trees - especially cherry blossoms, bushes and beds of flowers. With a stone path leading to my raised door and of course there will be plants inside too, lots of them, hanging, sitting... uh... lying? There's just something so open, breezy and welcoming about these houses, and every time I watch these features my heart skips a beat because of the house. I know, strange right.

Plants, yes.

Paper doors, yes.



All Images from Pinterest


Now Summer Wars:
Giant house, sure.


Wide space, mhmm.

Modern decor, yeah...

Now The Girl Who Leapt Through Time:

Yes. I mean look at that foliage.

Fucking Hell, I would like a slice of that...
(The best part is there is a house in my town which looks like this, and which I shall own someday...)

Image from Pinterest

And how could I forget. A Furin Wind Chime to complete the look - and sound of my house...




I mean... 
Yeah, I'll think about it...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your banter! I look forward to reading it!


Piece done by Amy Ross