Sunday 15 September 2013

Orchid


Today my friend Lydia and I had an intense art day and spent nine hours being ridiculous art students. During a third of this time she dressed my up in many of my scarves and photographed me. I absolutely adored my reflection and wish I could have the confidence to walk around in the huge headdress she created for me. I felt like an Empress, similar to the one on the cover of Empress Orchid. She got some really nice shots and I wanted to show you some of my favourites. Maybe I should tell you first that her concept was the use of objects and make up to portray someone's identity, and as we progressed my 'identity' got more and more outrageous but I loved it, so much so that I'm planning on doing a toned down version of the hairstyle for school tomorrow. It may seem a lot, but this wasn't even a quarter of the photos...








Of course I saved the best ones for last...






 All photos belong to Lydia Hazlewood

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your banter! I look forward to reading it!


Piece done by Amy Ross